Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Homemade Pizza Crust

My Sister-In-Law is a very good cook! She is kind enough to share some recipes with me and has given me permission to share them with you. (Thank you, Chenoa!) If we're ever having a get together with the family, she always asks me what I want her to bring. Though I'm tempted to have her bring everything, I usually just ask her to bring the dessert...she makes the BEST desserts and she knows how I love my chocolate! (I'll share one of her desserts on here soon.)

Anyway, one of our favorites is Homemade Pizza Crust. I probably make this once a week or at least once every other week. A lot of people think that making things from scratch is really hard, but trust me...if I can do it, so can you! Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 pkg active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup hot water

1. Combine dry ingredients.

2. Add water and mix well.

3. Let dough sit for 5 minutes. (Note: This is a perfect time to start getting the toppings ready.)

4. Press onto a greased pizza pan (I recommend using a Pampered Chef Stone) - I usually add some vegetable oil to my hands so it doesn't stick to me. (Note: If you want stuffed crust, add a little garlic salt to the edges and/or string cheese...yummy! Just roll it up.)

5. Add sauce, toppings, and cheese. (Note: I do not make my own sauce...I buy it. My family likes pepperoni and bacon, but add whatever your family likes here. I use shredded Mozzerella cheese, but the bigger kind works best.)

6. Bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes. (Notice the cheese only piece? That's for Trinity.)


That's it! Not too hard, huh? I love hearing my husband say, "Good dinner, Dear!"
Let me know how yours turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment