Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Unconditional Love

I must say that I LOVE my children unconditionally! They mean the world to me and I will do anything I can to keep them safe, healthy, and happy! I want the best for them in everything they do in life!


I feel that the majority of parents feel the same way about their kids. Since I have became a parent, it has really given me such insight and a new perspective on God's love for His children and how UNCONDITIONAL His love truly is.

A little Scripture I want to share:
Matthew 6:25-34 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Now if God really cares and takes care of the birds and the lilies, why would He not take care of me...or you?

Something else that has really spoken to me lately is John 3:16. I know everyone knows it and it is quoted all the time, but I really look at the verse so different now. It says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

I don't know about you, but there is NO ONE worthy for me to send my son or daughter to DIE in their place! I love other people, but not the way God loves all of us! We mean so much to Him that he actually sent His Son here to die for us so that we could gain eternal life if we choose to accept Him! Now that is unconditional love!

Maybe we should keep this in mind when their are trials in our life, or when we feel so alone, or when we're worried about something that seems so big. God is ALWAYS there and He loves each of us UNCONDITIONALLY. Just like we want the best for our children, He wants the best for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment