Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Clean Pork Stir-Fry with Garlic Broccoli

This recipe is one of my absolute FAVORITES that I have tried out lately!!!! Dan loved it and Trinity even asked for seconds...she mainly liked the corn-on-the-cob though. :)

I got this recipe from a magazine that my Mom had given me months ago. It featured contestants from the Biggest Loser and had some recipes mixed in. I believe this recipe can be found on http://www.biggestloser.com/, as well.

Ingredients:
*3 cups broccoli, chopped into 1" pieces
*3/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
*1/2 cup chopped scallions
(I just used regular onions for this part and it worked well)
*2 Tbsp chopped garlic
*2 Tbsp peeled, chopped ginger
*2 tsp olive oil
*1 cup chopped onion
*1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
*1 lb boneless pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
*1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
*1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds

Directions:
1) Steam broccoli 2 minutes, or until bright green but still firm. Drain, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, and drain again. (If using frozen broccoli, thaw but omit this cooking step.)

2) Combine 1/4 cup of the broth with scallions (again, I just used onions and it turned out good), garlic, and ginger in blender and pulse until mixture is minced. Set aside.

3) Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer vegetables to bowl and cover to retain heat.

4) Add remaining oil to pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion mixture (or onion mixture in my case) and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add pork and soy sauce and cook 4 minutes, or until pork is nearly done. Add remaining broth and bring to a boil.

5) Add broccoli to skillet and cook, stirring, 3 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked through. Add onion and bell pepper back to skillet. Devide stir-fry among 4 plates and garnish with sesame seeds.

Nurtrition Info:
Servings - 4
Per serving:
Calories - 240
Protein - 28g
Carbs - 12g
Fiber - 4g
Fat - 9g
Sat Fat - 3g
Sodium - 290mg

I served this with steamed carrots and corn-on-the-cob. It was a huge hit at my house and will now be a regular meal around here! The leftovers warmed up really well too.

Let me know if you try this and how it turned out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment