Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paleo Brownies

I would love to be on a super healthy diet that consists of all-natural ingredients! It is a lot of work (and can cost a lot of money), but all-natural food actually tastes pretty good. I have just decided that when I have time (and money) to try out new paleo recipes, I will. Maybe I can gradually change to all-natural everything...well, I guess I can dream!

One of my friends from High School had posted on facebook that she was making Paleo brownies. Since I have a major sweet tooth I was very interested and asked her for the recipe. (Thank you for sharing it with me, Amy!) I questioned if I would like these or not, but my whole family enjoyed them.

You can tell they are not your usual, sugary brownies, but it still has a sweet flavor to it. As a diabetic, I was impressed that my blood sugars were not effected by eating these either!

Here's the recipe if you'd like to try them your self...

Ingredients:
~16oz Almond Butter
~2 Eggs
~1 cup Honey
~1 tbsp Vanilla
~1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
~1tsp Sea Salt
~1 tsp Baking Soda

1. Blend Almond Butter until smooth.
You may have to put it in the microwave and warm it a little to blend easier.

2. Add Eggs, Honey, and Vanilla and blend in. Then add in Cocoa, Salt, and Baking Soda.

3. Blend well.

4. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan and bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes.

5. Let it cool, cut up, and enjoy!

Dan added powdered sugar to his. Not exactly the Paleo way, but I guess you have to start somewhere, right?

Let me know if you try these and what you think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment