Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hot Wing Dip and Cooking with Daddy...

Trinity is only two and a half, but she really enjoys cooking! She stands on a step stool and watches me on a regular basis. I let her stir things, pour things in, and do other misc jobs that make her feel like she's helping while learning some things at the same time. She even has her own little apron...thank you Thirty-One Gifts!

Dan doesn't cook very often, but he is very adventurous when he does! He doesn't usually follow the recipe the way it is directed, but just throws things in that "sound good!" He makes a huge mess and I like to sit back and laugh as he's working. He's also very picky when it comes to eating meat with the bone still in it, so when we discovered this recipe for Hot Wing Dip he just fell in love with it! (Thank you for sharing it with us, Vicki!)

He decided to make this recently, so our faithful helper had to get in on the action! This was the first time she has cooked with Daddy. She has seen him warm things up, but not really "cook" before today. I think they both really enjoyed the experience! He actually let her do pretty much everything!
Here is the recipe and documentation of cooking with Daddy:

Ingredients:
~2 cans of Chicken
~1 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
~1 stick Butter
~2 Cream Cheese (8 oz)
~2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1.) Put Hot Sauce,
Butter,
and Chicken together.
Melt on the stove top and stir.

2.) Spread Cream Cheese onto a cookie sheet. (It spreads easier if it's softened.)
Dan used a smaller pan so it took a little longer to cook.

3.) Pour mixture over cream cheese.

4.) Add shredded cheese.
If you notice, Dan poured the whole package in instead of measuring out the 2 cups the recipe calls for! :)
Taste testing...

5.) Bake in oven at 350* until cheese is melted.
This is really good to eat with Tostitos chips! It can be use for an appetizer, a side item or a snack.

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of "hot" things so I don't crave this stuff like Dan does. If you like Buffalo wings, this is a good recipe for you to try out...and you won't have to mess with any bones!

Aside from the food, I am so thankful for such a good Daddy for my children, food on our table, and my wonderful children! I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment