Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day Tribute

For my Father's Day tribute, I want to highlight some of the Father-figures I have had throughout my lifetime! They are each extremely special to me in different ways and I love each of them very much! They have helped make me who I am today and have changed me for the better!

My Dad.
Most of you know that my earthly Father is in heaven. I miss him so much and I will ALWAYS remember him and share stories about him! He wouldn't want me to be sad, so I'm not going to dwell on the fact that he's not here. He was so funny and helped shape me into the person I am today! I have so many traits that he had, it's almost scary sometimes! I am so thankful that I was blessed to have him! I like to remember some of the fun times we shared...and let me tell you, there are a lot of them! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then there is my Grandpa...my Dad's Dad.
He passed away a few months after we lost my Dad. (2010 was just a tough year!) I have so many fond memories of my Grandpa, as well. He saved me from my first snake encounter out on his farm. On a regular basis he would ask if I was "rubbing-in" or "wiping-off" his sloppy kisses! :) He and my Dad would play softball with me for hours at a time each summer so I could get some good practice in! He was such a sweet, christian man and I know he's safe in the arms of Jesus today! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then there's my Pa-pa...my Mom's Dad.
Where would I be without my Pa-pa? (Yes, I'm 30 years old and I still call him Pa-pa!)
He has helped me in numerous ways throughout my whole life! He funded my first car and part of my college, went through the process of looking and buying our first house, did a lot of electrical work on our house, fixed our AC when I was pregnant in the middle of summer and it went out unexpectedly, built me shelves, barbecued and grilled more times than I can count, moved furniture, worked on my car, supported me, and been proud of me in every aspect of life...I could just go on and on! I am so grateful to have him in my life!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next would be my Father-in-law.
He has accepted me into the family since my husband and I were dating! He has also worked on MANY household projects to help us and has came to our rescue anytime we've needed him! He has shared tons of Biblical knowledge with us that has helped us form our family into what we're striving it to be like...Christ-centered. Oh, and not to mention that he raised his son to be a strong, christian, honest man! Thank you for that! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so here is one of my FAVORITE Father-figures...my HUSBAND!
He is such a great Daddy and I'm so thankful that my kids have him to look up to! He works so hard to provide for us on a daily basis and spends as much quality time with us as he can. He has so many wonderful qualities that I don't even know where to start. I love him more and more each day and I'm so glad I get to grow old with this man! He is my best friend and he's certainly a gift from God! I couldn't imagine my life without him and I'm looking forward to the many years we have raising our kids together and just experiencing life as it comes our way. He loves to have fun with our kids and he is very intentional in raising them up in the way they should go.  I admire Dan because he takes his job as a Husband and Father seriously
...and he's so stinking cute!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Heavenly Father!
God has been there for me in the best and hardest times of my life and has given me such comfort when I needed it the most. He has blessed me in so many ways. He has saved me and continues working in my life daily. I don't know how some people get by in life without Him! I cannot wait for the day that I can meet Him face to face and spend eternity with Him!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been blessed with so many wonderful Father-figures and I'd like to wish each of them a Happy Father's Day!
I love you all and I'm so glad you're in my life!
Thank you for ALL you've done for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment