Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Asian Chicken and Rice

For Christmas a couple of years ago, my brother/sister-in-law bought me the "Campbell's 1-2-3 Dinner" cookbook. It has some pretty easy recipes in it and I have tried a few of them out. There is one that we really liked though and I make it pretty often.

I have made this enough that I kind of tweak some things in the recipe to make it more fitting for our family. I'll write out the original recipe, but I'll add my notes in it too.

The cookbook titled this recipe "Asian Chicken and Rice Bake." 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup uncooked regular white rice
(I use brown rice and I don't even measure it...3/4 cup isn't very filling so I usually fill the bottom of the pan with rice. This time, I made 2 batches so we'd have even more rice.)
4 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - about 1 lb
(I use 3 chicken breasts and cut each one into quarter pieces.)
1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup (Since I made 2 batches, I used 2 cans.)
3/4 cup water (I doubled)
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I doubled)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar (I doubled)
2 tablespoons honey (I doubled)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (I doubled)
Paprika
Directions:
1.) Spread rice in 2-quart shallow baking dish.
2.) Place chicken on rice.
3.) Mix soup, water, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and garlic powder.
4.) Pour over chicken. (Note: Make sure to lift up the chicken so the rice is soaking in the soup mixture completely.) Sprinkle with paprika.
5.) Cover
6.) Bake at 375* for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.
Now serve and enjoy!
This is a very delicious dish, but you will need something else to go with it or you'll be hungry an hour later. Making more rice helps, but egg rolls go really well with it. I am trying to make healthier meals so I just added rolls and green beans with our meal and it was plenty!

Let me know if you try it out and how yours came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment