Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

There's Only ONE "First Time to Eat Solid Food!"

Nehemiah will be 5 months old next week.  He weighed 9lbs 9oz when he was born, so he's always been a pretty good sized kid. I believe he is ready for solid food, so I gave it a try!

Here's what he looks like sitting in his big boy Bumbo seat...isn't he just the cutest thing ever?
First step, mix the baby oatmeal together and get Nehemiah ready to eat...
It has a been a long time since I gave Trinity solid food for the first time, so I had forgotten how much she was into the bib...it's a whole new concept! Nehemiah did the same thing. I had to just laugh!
He made a very funny face when he first tasted his yummy baby oatmeal! I didn't get a picture of the initial look, but here are a couple that are just so funny...
It's like he doesn't trust me or something...
Overall, it was a good experience and he did really well with it! I had fun sharing something new with him too!
Next project, make my own baby food...stay tuned for that over the next month or so.  When I get together with my Mother-in-law, we make enough to last months! Poor Trinity ate home-made baby food until she was year old!

3 comments:

  1. With Olivia, we did baby food for about a month, so we could get through the "introduce new things one at a time and make sure she's not allergic" phase. Then we just started putting whatever we were having for dinner in the food processor so that it would be soft enough for a baby. Ha-ha-ha! It's great to see these milestones, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is such a big boy! He just doesnt seem old enough already for baby food! :)) His expressions are really funny. count up 4 from the bottom and that is my fav photo of his reaction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, that's a good idea! Shelley, that picture is really funny! He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete