Me with my family!

Me with my family!

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Golden Birthday!

You can only have ONE Golden Birthday...and today is mine! I am turning 30 on the 30th!

I have decided to embrace it and not dwell on the fact that I'm not considered "young" anymore. Whether I want to admit it or not, I'm an adult now! :)

So, for your entertainment, I am going to give 30 random facts about myself. Maybe you'll learn something about me you never knew before. Please enjoy!

1) I am an only child.
2) Clutter and messes stress me out!
3) I have a Bachelor's Degree and I majored in Human Services.
4) My favorite number is 4 and I'm not sure why.
5) I don't like tea or coffee. Yucky! My beverage of choice is water!
6) I like to have my toe nails painted, but I could care less about my finger nails.
7) I really enjoy being alone...you know- napping, reading, shopping, etc.
8) I love watching underwater animals...on TV, at the Zoo, really anywhere I can find them!
9) My Mom is the person I talk to the most on the phone. We talk pretty much on a daily basis.
10) I haven't put up a Christmas tree the past 2 years.
11) My favorite ice cream flavor is plain ol' chocolate.
12) I'm scared of most dogs. If they bark and jump a lot...I'm scared!
13) I have to drink milk when I eat oatmeal.
14) I love the beach and any kind of water. When I cross over a bridge, I always stare at the water because it's so pretty! I've only been to the beach 3 times, but it's one of my favorite places to be!
15) I played soccer in High School, but I wish I would have played volleyball too...I never tried out!
16) My dishes HAVE to be done before I cook or go to bed! (It's an OCD trait I have.)
17) Loud noise really bugs me.
18) My favorite book to read my kids is Max Lucado's "Just In Case You Ever Wonder." It will make you cry!
19) I have road anxiety (after my one and only accident in 2004) and I hate driving in rain, snow, ice, or the dark. I get it while riding with someone in traffic too!
20) I am a perfectionist. Not as bad I used to be, but I still like things a certain way.
21) I hate scary movies...there is nothing Godly about them at all!
22) I love the smell of "food" candles...Pumpkin, Cookies, Cinnamon, Baked Apple Pie, etc.
23) My favorite day of the week is Friday because it's Dan's day off! My least favorite day is Saturday.
24) I am a night owl and I stay up way too late.
25) I don't think I could choose which is better between the Walton's and Little House on the Prairie! I love them both...just in different ways.
26) I like to feel important...especially from my husband.
27) I love the sound of my kids laughing and having fun! It's the best sound in the world!
28) As a kid, summer was my favorite season because I was off from school and could swim all the time. Now, I like fall the best!
29) In my household, I pay the bills, cook, do the laundry, dishes, grocery shop, take care of the kids full time, have a part-time job with Thirty-One Gifts, and keep track of our activities scheduled on the calendar...BUT, my husband is the head of this household and what he says goes! I choose to be submissive and he is very respectful with that.
30) I was saved when I was 5 years old. I still remember it very clearly and I'm still striving to be as Christ-like as I can.

I could have come up with many more random facts, but I'll stop here. There are stories that explain many of these facts, but I didn't want this to be LONG so I kept it pretty simple!
Happy 30th Birthday to me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was really fun :) thanks! Happy Golden birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing!!! it was really neat learning things I didnt know! Hope this year is absolutely awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete